Saturday 24 March 2012

Record Store Day 2012

Only twenty nine more days until Record Store Day 2012! Is everyone getting ready? For my part, I've started an advent calendar of sorts for the occasion --  something I've taken to calling a "radvent" (groan) calendar -- with twenty one windows for each day in April leading up to April 21. And because I'm not a big fan of the waxy chocolate you typically find in those types of calendars, I'm placing a shot of vodka behind each window instead. You see, much like Ralph Chadwick of The Onion, I'm a bit of a chocoholic but for booze. And I'm also a chocoholic but for music too, and this year's Record Store Day is gearing up to a music lover's Christmas, Easter, and St. Jean Baptiste Day all rolled into one, with special releases planned by just about every musician and group you've ever loved. There are simply too many releases planned to list them all here, so click below to see the full list. However, some of my most anticipated RSD releases are
  • The White Stripes, "Hand Springs/Red Death at 6:12" 7"
  • The Tallest Man on Earth, King of Spain EP (which will includes his cover of Paul Simon's "Graceland")
  • The Flaming Lips, The Flaming Lips and Heavy Fwends EP
  • Nobunny, The MaximumRockNRoll EP
  • Buck Owens, Original Buck Owens Colouring Book (a colouring book issued by Owens in 1970 with a new 4-track flexidisc and download card.
Read the full list of RSD releases here.

No comments:

Post a Comment