Saturday 21 April 2012

Happy Record Store Day!


It's Record Store Day! How did that happen? It seems like it was just yesterday, or, well, March 24 actually, that we were looking ahead to all of the wonderful releases to-come. And now, poof, here we are. What did I do in that time? Ate some chips... watched a whole lot of Game of Thrones and Justified... bedazzled my jean jacket... scooped some cat litter... But nothing else, really. That can't be... God, I have nothing to show for a whole month of my life...no, a whole year... more... God, I am wasting my life... Anyway, it's Record Store Day, not Sober Reflection on How You're Wasting Your Life Day (that's typically what I do on my birthday). Today is a day for celebrating not only music but also those fine homo-sapiens who are still fighting the good physical release fight. So get in line, get ready to shove your fellow record lovers out of the way to get your mitts on that Buck Owens coloring book and whatever else you had your heart set-on. On my way to work this morning I saw them lined up down the block to get in to see the fine folks as Grooves. And that's just in boring old London Ont. I can only imagine that in bigger cities, such as King's Landing, Winterfell, and Lexington (did I mention I've been watching a lot of Game of Thrones and Justified?) things are even crazier. So get out there today and buy a record or two. It's your duty today as a music lover. But, please, if you don't mind, leave one of those Buck Owens coloring book for me. Check out the official Record Store Day site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment